Enterprises today are critically dependent on IT to conduct business operations. This dependence, coupled with increasing interconnectedness and rapidly evolving cyber threats, reinforces the need for senior management to be engaged and involved in understanding cybersecurity risk. This includes routinely discussing cybersecurity issues in meetings; monitoring and maintaining sufficient awareness of threats and vulnerabilities; establishing and maintaining a dynamic control environment; managing connections to third parties; developing and testing business continuity and disaster recovery plans that incorporate cyber incident scenarios.
Wise Men performs cybersecurity assessments to determine all security threats and level of risk that your organization is facing. These risk assessments identify, estimate, and prioritize risks to organizational operations, assets, individuals, and other companies resulting from the use of information systems.
The need for organizations to protect their information has grown exponentially with continuous technological advances. With a significant increase in data threats and breaches, there is a demand for tangible assurance about the security of personal/ company data. Our cybersecurity assessments provide an independent and in-depth review of your system to protect information assets against relevant threats.
Reasons to perform a cybersecurity risk assessment:
- Reduce long-term costs
- Provide a template for future assessments
- Create greater self-awareness
- Avoid breaches and other security incidents
- Improve communication practices and understanding
Three types of assessments can be conducted:
- Cybersecurity Audits evaluate and demonstrate compliance with narrow, specific regulatory requirements
- Vulnerability Assessments evaluate an organization’s hardware, software, and procedures against a list of known vulnerabilities and best practices set by the company
- Penetration Testing is a special kind of vulnerability assessment that involves active evaluation as opposed to passive inventories
Our assessments help our clients answer the following questions:
- How effective is your security?
- Have you been breached, and if so, what assets were compromised?
- How can you mitigate the results of a breach?
- Who is attacking you and what are they after?
- What are the security risks associated with an impending merger or acquisition?
- What programs and procedures can you implement to prevent future attacks?
Benefits of performing a data security assessment:
- Defining risk management strategies
- Thorough assessment of an organization’s cybersecurity preparedness
- Clearly identifying and determining an organization’s overall cyber risk
- Aligning an organization’s cybersecurity position with its risks
- Having a defined project plan and process for reaching compliance
- Formally stating the risk management practices that are missing along with specific actions to take